Monday, September 30, 2013

Trend Report // Fall 2013 Fashion

A couple weeks ago my friend Tina over at Colorful Cravings mentioned how she had no idea what was in style this Fall. She thought it would be helpful for her if I did a blog post about this topic. I thought this was a really fun idea!

During my browsing and gathering I realized I had way too much information for one post. So, I decided to do two posts. This is Part 1, the fashion report. And it is by no means all inclusive, but it does provide some basics and ideas to get you started. Part 2 will include beauty and hair and will be up within the next week or two!

I hope you find this helpful! Enjoy :)

1. Color Report
Looking at Pantone's seasonal color report is a really great start to understanding what's in style. Pantone picks a "color of the year" every January and then features that color in both their Spring and Fall color reports. This year's color is Emerald.
2. Boots
Over-the-knee boots and super low ankle boots. One extreme to the other-both in style. Personally, I don't know how big of an over-the-knee-boots fan I am. But, I also have never even tried a pair of these on before, so who knows! Don't knock it 'til ya try it, right?
  
3. The 90's
The 90's are back in a HUGE way and I could not be happier. I mean have you noticed all the crop tops and overalls? I love 90's fashion but I really didn't get to participate in it. I mean I participated in 90's children "fashion" but, um, that was nothing to write home about. 90's style is so big right now that I decided to break it down into subcategories. 
a. Schoon Uniforms
Think Clueless and you are headed in the right direction. Fitted blazers, knee-high athletic socks, pleated skirts, and patches/lettering galore.
  
b. Beanies
Woah! These are kinda everywhere right now. Especially those ones with the writing on them. You know, the ones that say "TROUBLED" or "DOPE". Those are not what I'm talking about. Gross. I'm talking about regular ol' beanies like this super cute red one or this one.
c. Camo
Camo jackets, camo jeggings, camo...chiffon button-ups. I dunno. All I know is camo is everywhere. 90's grunge is making a huge comeback. I love this jacket and these skinny jeans.
d. Plaid
Like a said, 90's grunge. Yes. Plaid, leather boots, beanies...sounds like the wardrobe of characters from Empire Records. But, I'm totally diggin' it. This skirt is a personal fav and this top is cute, too!
4. Winter White
So, that "No white after Labor Day" rule is completely out the window this year. Winter whites are really more of ivories though, not stark whites. Keep that in mind when shopping and you'll be good to go. This dress and this coat are gawgeous.
 
5. Classy Comfort
Maybe you havent noticed, but fancy sweatshirts are making a big appearance. Embellishments, funky designs, any reason you had to buy an expensive sweater you now can get from a sweatshirt. Somehow the sweatshirt has become elegant. This one with a dog print is adorable. And I love this black, studded one.
6. Huge Coats
And, I mean HUGE. Seriously, don't you feel like two people could fit inside these? I don't care! I want one. Both (1 and 2) of these coats scream coziness.
 
7. Backpacks
Backpacks (1 and 2) are gettin' super cute you guys. Adorable patterns, cool fabrics, you name it, it's probably out there. 
8. Leather
Boots, dresses, jackets, little touches on shirts, peplums, leggings, EVERYTHING.
9. Slouchy Pants
DUDE. These are so adorable and look super comfy. I'm so glad they are in style and I will definitely be grabbing a pair soon! These green moto ones are adorable and these black ones could look super sophisticated paired with a blazer.
10. Pastels
Kind of counterintuitive right? Pastels are supposed to belong to Spring. Well, not this season! Pastels were all up and down the runways. The key is to pick one pastel color and then pair it with all warm color. This pink coat would look adorable with shades of caramels and browns. And this mint colored dress is just so crisp and sophisticated.
    

Things that are still in:
animal prints, denim everything, chunky heels, wedge sneakers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...