Thursday, November 1, 2012

currently


Watching: Dexter! Ask anyone that sees be semi-regularly and they will attest to my Dexter obsession. It's funny because the first time I watched an episode of Dexter I was horrified. I thought I'd never be able to watch it. Either that was a particularly gruesome episode (which it kinda was...) or I have been slowly desensitized. I find the characters fascinatingly complex. I majored in psych, remember? ;)

Reading: I just finished reading A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. It's all about how he decided to live his life like a story. Because I'm kind of in a place where I'm searching for my story I have found it really helpful to learn from his process. He brings up this guy named Bob Goff a lot in the book, too. So, I googled him and to my surprise he just released a book called Love Does in May of this year. Mr. Goff recounts tale after tale of different people he has met that have gone above and beyond to put love into action. It's truly inspiring.

Thinking about: My new job position :) Yep! I got offered a full-time job last Wednesday! Starting this week I'll be a 1:1 instructional assistant for this little 3 year old girl with cystic fibrosis and who is also recovering from a stroke. The first 6 weeks are probational, but I'm excited!

Loving: Flannel shirts! I just want to spend the rest of my life in flannel. Or denim shirts. Either one, please. This one's pretty dang cute.

Listening to: The new Taylor Swift CD. Yes, you read that right. You know what? Sue me! I love the girl. You won't hear me saying things like "You know, she does write all her own music!" But, she's fun and has neat style...so there!

Anticipating: The Holidays. I'm already so excited for Christmas shopping, gloves weather, Thanksgiving feasting, and then feasting again for Christmas, lighting cinnamon candles, hanging up lights, watching cheesy movies, and listening to cheesy christmas music.

Eating: Ugh, gross stuff. Way too much junk. Save me from my undisciplined self!

Drinking: Smoothies! Tons of them! They've really helped me during this recovery time from my sinus surgery. Something about the coldness...in my face...I don't know...it's just magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...