Saturday, October 27, 2012

dreams

Lately I've been really trying to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to be doing with my life. What are my dreams? What are my goals? What kind of story do I want to be living? All of these big questions have been haunting me. It's intimidating. And, with the very real pressures of not just wanting money and stability but needing it looming over me, well, it can all be a bit stifling.

Something that I fear most is living a complacent life. You know the kind of life I'm talking about. The kind where you stay at the same uninteresting job for years and years because chasing after your real dreams and passions is a frightful and, often times, allusive thing. It'd be really easy to fall into this lifestyle.

The other day I ran into this quote by poet Langston Hughes and it really inspired me to hold tight to the passions of my heart. It inspired me to keep holding on for dear life to this crazy journey of self-discovery. If you're in a similar place I hope this post gives you a bit of encouragement and reminds you that you are not alone. I've often heard that most people look back on their 20's as a difficult, yet necessary journey. Well, I'm ready for it. And, determined to make an adventure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...