Friday, December 14, 2012

outfit // shirley

Photobucket
Hello!! Phew, once the middle of November hits, things get a little bit crazier, don't they? I don't know what you've been doing since I last posted, but I've been listening to tons of Christmas music and watching as many Christmas programs as possible. I also had the wonderful opportunity to perform at the Lyric in Baltimore with the choir I'm in. So, yeah, how can that not put a person in the holiday spirit?
Photobucket
Photobucket
All the clothing seen here are Black Friday buys. I decided this year to buy [mostly] practical basics. And, so far, I've been really glad that I did. I've already worn these pants and this sweater a zillion times. Also, you may have noticed the many curls. Well, there were actually even more curls the night before these pictures were taken. I decided to use the tiniest barrel for the curling iron I own and POOF I become Shirley Temple (that's really the best I could up with for that comparison...sorry...). Since I was asked a lot (even by strangers) what curling iron I use, here it is folks: The Zoƫ Professional Curling Wand. I unfortunately could not find a link anywhere. I got it from Target for about $40 and it has been well worth it. It comes with three interchangeable barrels--Awesomeeeee!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Not my scarf. I wish it was though. My friend Meagen made it, left it at my house, and did not know I was wearing it. She should make me one (::wink::wink::). Anyway, I hope you guys are smack dab in the middle of your excitement for the beginning of a wonderful weekend (yes, that was meant to confuse you :P).
Photobucket
 sweater // gap
pants // old navy
flats // tieks
purse // cole haan
scarf // handmade by Meagen Young

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it! Practical basics are the best. ;-)

    Alyanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! Ya they really are. For awhile I would buy a lot of sparkling or colorful pieces but I'm really digging have a lot of simple things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that scarf is awesome!!! Did she knit is half in one color and half in the other? LOVE the way it came out!

    And I feel you on the practical basics. This year for xmas I asked for lots of the same, especially higher-quality basics. I have tons of simple cheapo t-shirts and sweaters from H&M, Target, etc but I've noticed that after a season or so they end up shrunken or warped. I want some nice, hardy sweaters that will last me for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have no idea how she made it but it's genius! I'll have to ask her next time I see her. Yeah, I feel like I've had so many unfortunate things happen to target and h+m clothing. It just really doesn't stick around for the long haul. Now all I have to do is remember to hand wash my nicer clothing! haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...